Thesaurus for label
Pronunciation of label: L EY1 B AH0 L
Number of syllables of label: 2
Pronunciation Video of label
Definition of label
- (n): trade name of a company that produces musical recordings; "the artists and repertoire department of a recording label is responsible for finding new talent"
- (n): a brief description given for purposes of identification; "the label Modern is applied to many different kinds of architecture"
- (n): an identifying or descriptive marker that is attached to an object
- (n): a radioactive isotope that is used in a compound in order to trace the mechanism of a chemical reaction
- (v): distinguish (an element or atom) by using a radioactive isotope or an isotope of unusual mass for tracing through chemical reactions
- (v): distinguish (as a compound or molecule) by introducing a labeled atom
- (v): pronounce judgment on; "They labeled him unfit to work here"
- (v): assign a label to; designate with a label; "These students were labelled `learning disabled''"
- (v): attach a tag or label to; "label these bottles"