Pronunciation of laid: L EY1 D (leɪd)
Number of syllables of laid: 1
Pronunciation Video of laid
Definition of laid
Examples of laid
- The adults lay eggs in the lungs.
- A rocky butte lay in the center of the field.
- The real problem lay in compatibility.
- Starfish lay flat on the bottom of the ocean.
- Suddenly, a carefully orchestrated future lay in limbo.
- Reptiles lay eggs on land whereas amphibia lay their eggs in water.
- The church lay to the east of the tower.
- Put on your politest demeanor and just lay the facts on the line.
- We feel mohair has gone as far as it can and it is time to lay it to rest.
- The female bird lay eggs.