Thesaurus for lecture
Pronunciation Video of lecture
Definition of lecture
- (n): teaching by giving a discourse on some subject (typically to a class)
- (n): a lengthy rebuke; "a good lecture was my father''s idea of discipline"; "the teacher gave him a talking to"
- (n): a speech that is open to the public; "he attended a lecture on telecommunications"
- (v): censure severely or angrily; "The mother scolded the child for entering a stranger''s car"; "The deputy ragged the Prime Minister"; "The customer dressed down the waiter for bringing cold soup"
- (v): deliver a lecture or talk; "She will talk at Rutgers next week"; "Did you ever lecture at Harvard?"