Thesaurus for let
Definition of let
- (n): the most brutal terrorist group active in Kashmir; fights against India with the goal of restoring Islamic rule of India; "Lashkar-e-Toiba has committed mass murders of civilian Hindus"
- (v): cause to move; cause to be in a certain position or condition; "He got his squad on the ball"; "This let me in for a big surprise"; "He got a girl into trouble"
- (v): leave unchanged; "let it be"
- (v): actively cause something to happen; "I let it be known that I was not interested"
- (v): consent to, give permission; "She permitted her son to visit her estranged husband"; "I won''t let the police search her basement"; "I cannot allow you to see your exam"
- (v): grant use or occupation of under a term of contract; "I am leasing my country estate to some foreigners"
- (v): make it possible through a specific action or lack of action for something to happen; "This permits the water to rush in"; "This sealed door won''t allow the water come into the basement"; "This will permit the rain to run off"