Thesaurus for link
- nexus, linkup, tie, tie-in, connection, connectedness, connexion, liaison, contact, inter-group communication, radio link, data link, channel, circuit, command, communication channel, communication system, electric circuit, electrical circuit, fastener, fastening, fixing, form, holdfast, instruction, line, linear unit, linkage, program line, shape, statement, unification, union
Pronunciation Video of link
Definition of link
- (n): a fastener that serves to join or link; "the walls are held together with metal links placed in the wet mortar during construction"
- (n): an interconnecting circuit between two or more locations for the purpose of transmitting and receiving data
- (n): a two-way radio communication system (usually microwave); part of a more extensive telecommunication network
- (n): a channel for communication between groups; "he provided a liaison with the guerrillas"
- (n): (computing) an instruction that connects one part of a program or an element on a list to another program or list
- (n): a unit of length equal to 1/100 of a chain
- (n): the means of connection between things linked in series
- (n): a connecting shape
- (n): the state of being connected; "the connection between church and state is inescapable"
- (v): make a logical or causal connection; "I cannot connect these two pieces of evidence in my mind"; "colligate these facts"; "I cannot relate these events at all"
- (v): connect, fasten, or put together two or more pieces; "Can you connect the two loudspeakers?"; "Tie the ropes together"; "Link arms"
- (v): link with or as with a yoke; "yoke the oxen together"
- (v): be or become joined or united or linked; "The two streets connect to become a highway"; "Our paths joined"; "The travelers linked up again at the airport"