Thesaurus for manage
- pull off, negociate, bring off, carry off, deal, care, handle, cope, get by, make out, make do, contend, grapple, oversee, supervise, superintend, wangle, finagle, do, accomplish, achieve, act, administer, administrate, attain, bring home the bacon, come through, command, control, deliver the goods, move, reach, succeed, win
Pronunciation of manage: M AE1 N AH0 JH ('mænɪdʒ)
Number of syllables of manage: 2
Pronunciation Video of manage
Definition of manage
- (v): be in charge of, act on, or dispose of; "I can deal with this crew of workers"; "This blender can''t handle nuts"; "She managed her parents'' affairs after they got too old"
- (v): watch and direct; "Who is overseeing this project?"
- (v): be successful; achieve a goal; "She succeeded in persuading us all"; "I managed to carry the box upstairs"; "She pulled it off, even though we never thought her capable of it"; "The pianist negociated the difficult runs"
- (v): carry on or manage; "We could do with a little more help around here"
- (v): achieve something by means of trickery or devious methods
- (v): come to terms or deal successfully with; "We got by on just a gallon of gas"; "They made do on half a loaf of bread every day"
Examples of manage
- The American ships could only manage astern.
- Betty and her lover manage to escape the conflagration.
- The four manage to kidnap the family back.
- Spielberg and company manage not to ossify history.
- It is too bathetic to manage it.
- Does the therapy manage to realise the philosophy
- They manage to elude the assault.
- How do you manage yourself when you quaver
- I do manage to abbreviate this going forward.
- They manage to overpower one and substitute the servile control sphere.