- (n): the world of commercial activity where goods and services are bought and sold; "without competition there would be no market"; "they were driven from the marketplace"
- (n): a marketplace where groceries are sold; "the grocery store included a meat market"
- (n): the securities markets in the aggregate; "the market always frustrates the small investor"
- (n): the customers for a particular product or service; "before they publish any book they try to determine the size of the market for it"
- (v): make commercial; "Some Amish people have commercialized their way of life"
- (v): engage in the commercial promotion, sale, or distribution of; "The company is marketing its new line of beauty products"
- (v): deal in a market
- (v): buy household supplies; "We go marketing every Saturday"