Thesaurus for mass
- batch, deal, flock, good deal, great deal, hatful, heap, lot, mess, mickle, mint, muckle, peck, pile, plenty, pot, quite a little, raft, sight, slew, spate, stack, tidy sum, wad, Mass, multitude, masses, hoi polloi, people, the great unwashed, bulk, volume, accumulation, aggregation, assemblage, body, church music, collection, fundamental measure, fundamental quantity, group, grouping, large indefinite amount, large indefinite quantity, magnitude, physical property, prayer, religious ceremony, religious music, religious ritual, whole lot, whole slew
Pronunciation of mass: M AE1 S (mæs)
Number of syllables of mass: 1
Pronunciation Video of mass
Definition of mass
- (n): a musical setting for a Mass; "they played a Mass composed by Beethoven"
- (n): an ill-structured collection of similar things (objects or people)
- (n): the common people generally; "separate the warriors from the mass"; "power to the people"
- (n): a body of matter without definite shape; "a huge ice mass"
- (n): (often followed by `of'') a large number or amount or extent; "a batch of letters"; "a deal of trouble"; "a lot of money"; "he made a mint on the stock market"; "it must have cost plenty"
- (v): join together into a mass or collect or form a mass; "Crowds were massing outside the palace"
- (s): gathered or tending to gather into a mass or whole; "aggregate expenses include expenses of all divisions combined for the entire year"; "the aggregated amount of indebtedness"
- (s): occurring widely (as to many people); "mass destruction"
Examples of mass
- The reaction mass is the mass of the universe.
- The mass is equal to the mass of the wormhole that evaporates.
- The Requiem Mass is a modified version of the ordinary mass.
- The mass of the Earth is approximately three millionths of the mass of the Sun.
- The mass of the reactants equals the mass of the products.
- The buccal mass and whole visceral mass is removed.
- It is theorized to have a mass 500 trillion times the mass of the Sun.
- If the mass is equal to the mass of the wormhole that evaporates.
- Half the mass of the electron is the mass of its electric field.
- The astronomical unit of mass is the solar mass.