Thesaurus for mend
Pronunciation of mend: M EH1 N D (mɛnd)
Number of syllables of mend: 1
Pronunciation Video of mend
Definition of mend
- (n): the act of putting something in working order again
- (n): sewing or darning that repairs a worn or torn hole (especially in a garment); "her stockings had several mends"
- (v): restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken; "She repaired her TV set"; "Repair my shoes please"
- (v): heal or recover; "My broken leg is mending"
Examples of mend
- As the show progresses, the two begin to mend their relationship.
- Are you going to mend it or mar it
- The meeting was an effort to mend relations with the Muslim community.
- The goal on the race was to try to mend their broken marriage.
- The editor finds it hard to mend his ways and lose the battleground mentality.
- The thing is flawed, and appears to be on the mend.
- The goal of the sewing circle was to mend clothing for street children.
- He now is recovering and on the mend.
- Cody and Bailey mend their relationship at the end of the episode.
- The amulet was created to mend the barriers.