Thesaurus for mention
Definition of mention
- (n): an official recognition of merit; "although he didn''t win the prize he did get special mention"
- (n): a short note recognizing a source of information or of a quoted passage; "the student''s essay failed to list several important citations"; "the acknowledgments are usually printed at the front of a book"; "the article includes mention of similar clinical
- (n): a remark that calls attention to something or someone; "she made frequent mention of her promotion"; "there was no mention of it"; "the speaker made several references to his wife"
- (v): make mention of; "She observed that his presentation took up too much time"; "They noted that it was a fine day to go sailing"
- (v): commend; "he was cited for his outstanding achievements"
- (v): make reference to; "His name was mentioned in connection with the invention"