Thesaurus for mess
- messiness, muss, mussiness, fix, hole, jam, muddle, pickle, kettle of fish, mess hall, batch, deal, flock, good deal, great deal, hatful, heap, lot, mass, mickle, mint, muckle, peck, pile, plenty, pot, quite a little, raft, sight, slew, spate, stack, tidy sum, wad, aliment, alimentation, difficulty, dining room, dining-room, disorder, disorderliness, large indefinite amount, large indefinite quantity, meal, nourishment, nutriment, nutrition, repast, sustenance, victuals, whole lot, whole slew
Pronunciation of mess: M EH1 S (mɛs)
Number of syllables of mess: 1
Pronunciation Video of mess
Definition of mess
- (n): a (large) military dining room where service personnel eat or relax
- (n): a meal eaten by service personnel
- (n): soft semiliquid food; "a mess of porridge"
- (n): (often followed by `of'') a large number or amount or extent; "a batch of letters"; "a deal of trouble"; "a lot of money"; "he made a mint on the stock market"; "it must have cost plenty"
- (n): informal terms for a difficult situation; "he got into a terrible fix"; "he made a muddle of his marriage"
- (n): a state of confusion and disorderliness; "the house was a mess"; "she smoothed the mussiness of the bed"
- (v): make a mess of or create disorder in; "He messed up his room"
- (v): eat in a mess hall
Examples of mess
- The current mess is really pitiful.
- That template was a bloated dyspeptic mess.
- It's in the tangled mess behing the computer.
- The rest of the article is a mess.
- The introduction was a discombobulated mess.
- The article was lost in the mess.
- The intro was a discombobulated mess.
- Eventually, the arbcom had to unravel the mess.
- I tried to untangle some of the mess.
- Eventually, they had to unravel the mess.