Thesaurus for mother
Pronunciation Video of mother
Definition of mother
- (n): a condition that is the inspiration for an activity or situation; "necessity is the mother of invention"
- (n): a woman who has given birth to a child (also used as a term of address to your mother); "the mother of three children"
- (n): a term of address for an elderly woman
- (n): a stringy slimy substance consisting of yeast cells and bacteria; forms during fermentation and is added to cider or wine to produce vinegar
- (v): make children; "Abraham begot Isaac"; "Men often father children but don''t recognize them"
- (v): care for like a mother; "She fusses over her husband"