Thesaurus for mound
Pronunciation Video of mound
Definition of mound
- (n): the position on a baseball team of the player who throws the ball for a batter to try to hit; "he has played every position except pitcher"; "they have a southpaw on the mound"
- (n): structure consisting of an artificial heap or bank usually of earth or stones; "they built small mounds to hide behind"
- (n): (baseball) the slight elevation on which the pitcher stands
- (n): a collection of objects laid on top of each other
- (n): a small natural hill
- (v): form into a rounded elevation; "mound earth"