Thesaurus for nap
Definition of nap
- (n): a card game similar to whist; usually played for stakes
- (n): a short sleep (usually not in bed)
- (n): the yarn (as in a rug or velvet or corduroy) that stands up from the weave; "for uniform color and texture tailors cut velvet with the pile running the same direction"
- (n): a soft or fuzzy surface texture
- (n): a period of time spent sleeping; "he felt better after a little sleep"; "there wasn''t time for a nap"
- (v): take a siesta; "She naps everyday after lunch for an hour"