Thesaurus for nettle
Pronunciation of nettle: N EH1 T AH0 L ('nɛtəl)
Number of syllables of nettle: 2
Pronunciation Video of nettle
Definition of nettle
- (n): any of numerous plants having stinging hairs that cause skin irritation on contact (especially of the genus Urtica or family Urticaceae)
- (v): cause annoyance in; disturb, especially by minor irritations; "Mosquitoes buzzing in my ear really bothers me"; "It irritates me that she never closes the door after she leaves"
- (v): sting with or as with nettles and cause a stinging pain or sensation
Examples of nettle
- In any case, thank you for grasping the nettle here.
- Nobody wants to grasp the nettle.
- I simply cut the knot, and grasp the nettle.
- The insects feed on Stinging nettle.
- Ground flora is dominated by the common nettle, ground ivy and the butterbur.
- Prince Dutiful is particularly fond of Nettle.
- Thanks for grasping the nettle and doing the merge.
- The sea nettle is radially symmetrical, marine, and carnivorous.
- You did a good job for grasping the nettle.
- The larvae feed on various herbaceous plants including nettle and dandelion.