Thesaurus for object
Pronunciation of object: AA1 B JH EH0 K T
Number of syllables of object: 2
Pronunciation Video of object
Definition of object
- (n): a tangible and visible entity; an entity that can cast a shadow; "it was full of rackets, balls and other objects"
- (n): the focus of cognitions or feelings; "objects of thought"; "the object of my affection"
- (n): the goal intended to be attained (and which is believed to be attainable); "the sole object of her trip was to see her children"
- (n): (grammar) a constituent that is acted upon; "the object of the verb"
- (v): express or raise an objection or protest or criticism or express dissent; "She never objected to the amount of work her boss charged her with"; "When asked to drive the truck, she objected that she did not have a driver''s license"
- (v): be averse to or express disapproval of; "My wife objects to modern furniture"
Examples of object
- I put the object there.
- The image of the object is the object itself.
- The object became inalienable.
- The object of the game is to score by driving the ball into the opposing goal.
- How can the intuition of the object occur before the experience of the object
- You would object to monopolization.
- The object of the game is to maneuver the ball from the start to the goal.
- The object terminates the cycle.
- Object of the game is to maneuver the ball from the start to the goal.
- The object of the game is to throw the ball into the opponents goal.