Pronunciation of opinion: AH0 P IH1 N Y AH0 N (ə'pɪnjən)
Number of syllables of opinion: 3
Definition of opinion
- (n): the reason for a court''s judgment (as opposed to the decision itself)
- (n): a vague idea in which some confidence is placed; "his impression of her was favorable"; "what are your feelings about the crisis?"; "it strengthened my belief in his sincerity"; "I had a feeling that she was lying"
- (n): a personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty; "my opinion differs from yours"; "what are your thoughts on Haiti?"
- (n): a belief or sentiment shared by most people; the voice of the people; "he asked for a poll of public opinion"
- (n): the legal document stating the reasons for a judicial decision; "opinions are usually written by a single judge"
- (n): a message expressing a belief about something; the expression of a belief that is held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof; "his opinions appeared frequently on the editorial page"
Examples of opinion
- I know the firsthand public opinion.
- Canvassing requires the solicitation of an opinion.
- The reviewers had the same opinion.
- I proffered my opinion.
- She continues asserting her opinion.
- He disclaimed my opinion.
- Opinion must be reliably sourced.
- His opinion was disclaimed.
- A man hold on to dissentient opinion.
- Don't misguide users to your opinion