Thesaurus for outfit
Pronunciation of outfit: AW1 T F IH0 T ('aʊt,fɪt)
Number of syllables of outfit: 2
Pronunciation Video of outfit
Definition of outfit
- (n): gear consisting of a set of articles or tools for a specified purpose
- (n): a set of clothing (with accessories); "his getup was exceedingly elegant"
- (n): any cohesive unit such as a military company
- (v): provide with (something) usually for a specific purpose; "The expedition was equipped with proper clothing, food, and other necessities"
Examples of outfit
- He opened the wardrobe to check out his outfit.
- He is one of the founder members of the outfit.
- Monocracy are a progressive rock outfit based in Surrey, UK.
- The group currently is a bipartisan outfit.
- Such an outfit would risk stares, grumbles about Israeli policies, or worse.
- The outfit is kind of passe.
- He led the first batch of the outfit to surrender.
- I wear the darn outfit and I'm not any of the above.
- The ceremony requires to wear an outfit.
- Somehow the stroller just made the outfit.