Thesaurus for pack
- battalion, large number, multitude, plurality, gang, ring, mob, clique, coterie, ingroup, inner circle, camp, face pack, accumulation, aggregation, animal group, assemblage, association, band, bundle, circle, collection, corrective, large indefinite amount, large indefinite quantity, lot, package, parcel, restorative, set, sheaf
- bundle, wad, compact, carry, take, throng, mob, pile, jam, backpack, tamp down, tamp, load down, appoint, arrange, be, care for, case, compress, constitute, crowd, crowd together, encase, feature, fill, fill up, have, hike, incase, lade, laden, load, load up, make full, name, nominate, pack together, seal, seal off, set up, transport, treat
- related terms
Pronunciation of pack: P AE1 K (pæk)
Number of syllables of pack: 1
Pronunciation Video of pack
Definition of pack
- (n): a small parcel (as of cigarettes or film)
- (n): a bundle (especially one carried on the back)
- (n): a sheet or blanket (either dry or wet) to wrap around the body for its therapeutic effect
- (n): a cream that cleanses and tones the skin
- (n): a complete collection of similar things
- (n): a group of hunting animals
- (n): an exclusive circle of people with a common purpose
- (n): an association of criminals; "police tried to break up the gang"; "a pack of thieves"
- (n): a large indefinite number; "a battalion of ants"; "a multitude of TV antennas"; "a plurality of religions"
- (v): treat the body or any part of it by wrapping it, as with blankets or sheets, and applying compresses to it, or stuffing it to provide cover, containment, or therapy, or to absorb blood; "The nurse packed gauze in the wound"; "You had better pack your swol
- (v): carry, as on one''s back; "Pack your tents to the top of the mountain"
- (v): arrange in a container; "pack the books into the boxes"
- (v): load with a pack
- (v): compress into a wad; "wad paper into the box"
- (v): have the property of being packable or compactable or of compacting easily; "This powder compacts easily"; "Such odd-shaped items do not pack well"
- (v): seal with packing; "pack the faucet"
- (v): press down tightly; "tamp the coffee grinds in the container to make espresso"
- (v): hike with a backpack; "Every summer they are backpacking in the Rockies"
- (v): press tightly together or cram; "The crowd packed the auditorium"
- (v): fill to capacity; "This singer always packs the concert halls"; "They murder trial packed the court house"
- (v): set up a committee or legislative body with one''s own supporters so as to influence the outcome; "pack a jury"
- (v): have with oneself; have on one''s person; "She always takes an umbrella"; "I always carry money"; "She packs a gun when she goes into the mountains"
Examples of pack
- Carlos is the leader of the pack.
- He was considered a member of the Brat Pack.
- This is the only way to unlock the pack.
- The social unit of dogs is the pack.
- Remove the inner pouch from the protective pack.
- A stencil is available in the pack.
- He also wrote the pack for the airliners issue.
- Shiloh was the most misstreated puppy out of the pack.
- The crane can lift up the power pack.
- I need a toothbrush to pack in my bag.