Thesaurus for paper
Pronunciation of paper: P EY1 P ER0 ('peɪpər)
Number of syllables of paper: 2
Pronunciation Video of paper
Definition of paper
- (n): a newspaper as a physical object; "when it began to rain he covered his head with a newspaper"
- (n): medium for written communication; "the notion of an office running without paper is absurd"
- (n): a daily or weekly publication on folded sheets; contains news and articles and advertisements; "he read his newspaper at breakfast"
- (n): a scholarly article describing the results of observations or stating hypotheses; "he has written many scientific papers"
- (n): an essay (especially one written as an assignment); "he got an A on his composition"
- (n): a business firm that publishes newspapers; "Murdoch owns many newspapers"
- (n): a material made of cellulose pulp derived mainly from wood or rags or certain grasses
- (v): cover with wallpaper
- (v): cover with paper; "paper the box"
- (s): made of paper; "they wore paper hats at the party"
Examples of paper
- I slit paper with scissors.
- Inside the folder, he had the cover page of the local Santa Rosa paper.
- The Contraband paper size was changed in 2006 to a tabloid style paper.
- The paper carried the hammer and sickle on its first page.
- The paper size was changed in 2006 to a tabloid style paper.
- Who sundered the paper
- This paper is reversible but that paper is not.
- The paper is blank.
- The last paper is interesting and explains why Ayala's paper was a misstep.
- The registration only link displays the first page of the paper.