Thesaurus for parcel
- package, portion, share, tract, piece of land, piece of ground, parcel of land, bundle, packet, accumulation, aggregation, allocation, allotment, apportioning, apportionment, assemblage, assignation, collection, container, geographic area, geographic region, geographical area, geographical region, parceling, parcelling
Pronunciation of parcel: P AA1 R S AH0 L ('pɑrsəl)
Number of syllables of parcel: 2
Pronunciation Video of parcel
Definition of parcel
- (n): the result of parcelling out or sharing; "death gets more than its share of attention from theologicans"
- (n): a wrapped container
- (n): a collection of things wrapped or boxed together
- (n): an extended area of land
- (v): make into a wrapped container
- (v): cover with strips of canvas; "parcel rope"
- (v): divide into parts; "The developers parceled the land"
Examples of parcel
- That's part and parcel with the nature of the theory.
- The new work becomes part and parcel of the article.
- The parcel is in the cloakroom wrapped in a raincoat.
- Here, parcel B is the dominant tenement, and parcel A is the servient estate.
- Its part and parcel of the events of the day.
- The parcel holds in moisture to steam the food.
- That was all part and parcel of the errors surrounding the block.
- The ability to recognise the characters is part and parcel of literacy.
- The acreage of the entire parcel comes from Athens County deed records.
- That is part and parcel of the leftist view of the conflict.