Pronunciation of pedestal: P EH1 D AH0 S T AH0 L ('pɛdɪstəl)
Number of syllables of pedestal: 3
Definition of pedestal
Examples of pedestal
- The perspective of the pedestal needs to match.
- The pedestal of the statue was renovated.
- The upper part of the pedestal is made of red porphyry.
- The bimah was behind the pedestal.
- The cup is also elaborately decorated and kept in a triangular pedestal.
- The pedestal represented the law on which the country rested.
- The actor would stand on the pedestal.
- The lower part of the pedestal is of dark gray granite and red porphyry.
- The pedestal of the monument is made of Canigou granite.
- It's time to get off the silver pedestal and mingle with the plebians.