- (s): (of music or art) new and of general appeal (especially among young people)
- (s): representing or appealing to or adapted for the benefit of the people at large; "democratic art forms"; "a democratic or popular movement"; "popular thought"; "popular science"; "popular fiction"
- (s): carried on by or for the people (or citizens) at large; "the popular vote"; "popular representation"; "institutions of popular government"
- (s): comprehensible to the general public; "written for the popular press in plain nontechnical language"
- (a): regarded with great favor, approval, or affection especially by the general public; "a popular tourist attraction"; "a popular girl"; "cabbage patch dolls are no longer popular"