Thesaurus for portion
- part, component part, component, parcel, share, percentage, fortune, destiny, fate, luck, lot, circumstances, dowry, dowery, dower, helping, serving, allocation, allotment, apportioning, apportionment, assets, assignation, condition, gift, object, parceling, parcelling, physical object, relation, small indefinite amount, small indefinite quantity
Definition of portion
- (n): the result of parcelling out or sharing; "death gets more than its share of attention from theologicans"
- (n): something less than the whole of a human artifact; "the rear part of the house"; "glue the two parts together"
- (n): an individual quantity of food or drink taken as part of a meal; "the helpings were all small"; "his portion was larger than hers"; "there''s enough for two servings each"
- (n): assets belonging to or due to or contributed by an individual person or group; "he wanted his share in cash"
- (n): something determined in relation to something that includes it; "he wanted to feel a part of something bigger than himself"; "I read a portion of the manuscript"; "the smaller component is hard to reach"
- (n): your overall circumstances or condition in life (including everything that happens to you); "whatever my fortune may be"; "deserved a better fate"; "has a happy lot"; "the luck of the Irish"; "a victim of circumstances"; "success that was her portion"
- (v): give out or allot; "We were assigned new uniforms"