Thesaurus for pose
- present, model, sit, posture, impersonate, personate, put, set, place, position, lay, perplex, vex, stick, get, puzzle, mystify, baffle, beat, bewilder, flummox, stupefy, nonplus, gravel, amaze, dumbfound, acquit, be, bear, bedevil, befuddle, behave, betray, carry, comport, comprise, conduct, confound, confuse, constitute, deceive, deport, discombobulate, displace, display, exhibit, expose, fox, fuddle, lead astray, make up, move, represent, throw
- related terms
Definition of pose
- (n): a deliberate pretense or exaggerated display
- (n): affected manners intended to impress others; "don''t put on airs with me"
- (n): a posture assumed by models for photographic or artistic purposes
- (v): be a mystery or bewildering to; "This beats me!"; "Got me--I don''t know the answer!"; "a vexing problem"; "This question really stuck me"
- (v): pretend to be someone you are not; sometimes with fraudulent intentions; "She posed as the Czar''s daughter"
- (v): put into a certain place or abstract location; "Put your things here"; "Set the tray down"; "Set the dogs on the scent of the missing children"; "Place emphasis on a certain point"
- (v): assume a posture as for artistic purposes; "We don''t know the woman who posed for Leonardo so often"
- (v): behave affectedly or unnaturally in order to impress others; "Don''t pay any attention to him--he is always posing to impress his peers!"; "She postured and made a total fool of herself"
- (v): introduce; "This poses an interesting question"