Thesaurus for present
- show, demo, exhibit, present, demonstrate, represent, lay out, stage, submit, pose, award, give, gift, deliver, introduce, acquaint, portray, confront, face, salute, allocate, apportion, be, comprise, constitute, greet, inform, interpret, make up, mouth, re-create, recognise, recognize, say, speak, state, talk, tell, utter, verbalise, verbalize
Definition of present
- (n): a verb tense that expresses actions or states at the time of speaking
- (n): something presented as a gift; "his tie was a present from his wife"
- (n): the period of time that is happening now; any continuous stretch of time including the moment of speech; "that is enough for the present"; "he lives in the present with no thought of tomorrow"
- (v): bring forward and present to the mind; "We presented the arguments to him"; "We cannot represent this knowledge to our formal reason"
- (v): recognize with a gesture prescribed by a miltary regulation; assume a prescribed position; "When the officers show up, the soldiers have to salute"
- (v): cause to come to know personally; "permit me to acquaint you with my son"; "introduce the new neighbors to the community"
- (v): formally present a debutante, a representative of a country, etc.
- (v): deliver (a speech, oration, or idea); "The commencement speaker presented a forceful speech that impressed the students"
- (v): present somebody with something, usually to accuse or criticize; "We confronted him with the evidence"; "He was faced with all the evidence and could no longer deny his actions"; "An enormous dilemma faces us"
- (v): represent in a painting, drawing, sculpture, or verbally; "The father is portrayed as a good-looking man in this painting"
- (v): perform (a play), especially on a stage; "we are going to stage `Othello''"
- (v): show or demonstrate something to an interested audience; "She shows her dogs frequently"; "We will demo the new software in Washington"
- (v): give as a present; make a gift of; "What will you give her for her birthday?"
- (v): give, especially as a reward; "bestow honors and prizes at graduation"
- (v): hand over formally
- (v): introduce; "This poses an interesting question"
- (a): spatial sense; being or existing in a specified place; "the murderer is present in this room"; "present at the wedding"; "present at the creation"