Thesaurus for preserve
Definition of preserve
- (n): fruit preserved by cooking with sugar
- (n): a reservation where animals are protected
- (n): a domain that seems to be specially reserved for someone; "medicine is no longer a male preserve"
- (v): prevent (food) from rotting; "preserved meats"; "keep potatoes fresh"
- (v): to keep up and reserve for personal or special use; "She saved the old family photographs in a drawer"
- (v): keep in safety and protect from harm, decay, loss, or destruction; "We preserve these archeological findings"; "The old lady could not keep up the building"; "children must be taught to conserve our national heritage"; "The museum curator conserved the an
- (v): keep or maintain in unaltered condition; cause to remain or last; "preserve the peace in the family"; "continue the family tradition"; "Carry on the old traditions"
- (v): keep undisturbed for personal or private use for hunting, shooting, or fishing; "preserve the forest and the lakes"
- (v): maintain in safety from injury, harm, or danger; "May God keep you"