Thesaurus for prevail
Pronunciation of prevail: P R IH0 V EY1 L
Number of syllables of prevail: 2
Pronunciation Video of prevail
Definition of prevail
- (v): use persuasion successfully; "He prevailed upon her to visit his parents"
- (v): prove superior; "The champion prevailed, though it was a hard fight"
- (v): be larger in number, quantity, power, status or importance; "Money reigns supreme here"; "Hispanics predominate in this neighborhood"
- (v): continue to exist; "These stories die hard"; "The legend of Elvis endures"
- (v): be valid, applicable, or true; "This theory still holds"