Thesaurus for proposition
Definition of proposition
- (n): a task to be dealt with; "securing adequate funding is a time-consuming proposition"
- (n): (logic) a statement that affirms or denies something and is either true or false
- (n): the act of making a proposal; "they listened to her proposal"
- (n): an offer for a private bargain (especially a request for sexual favors)
- (n): a proposal offered for acceptance or rejection; "it was a suggestion we couldn''t refuse"
- (v): suggest sex to; "She was propositioned by a stranger at the party"