Thesaurus for provide
Definition of provide
- (v): take measures in preparation for; "provide for the proper care of the passengers on the cruise ship"
- (v): determine (what is to happen in certain contingencies), especially by including a proviso condition or stipulation; "The will provides that each child should receive half of the money"; "The Constitution provides for the right to free speech"
- (v): provide what is desired or needed, especially support, food or sustenance; "The hostess provided lunch for all the guests"
- (v): supply means of subsistence; earn a living; "He provides for his large family by working three jobs"; "Women nowadays not only take care of the household but also bring home the bacon"
- (v): provide or furnish with; "We provided the room with an electrical heater"
- (v): mount or put up; "put up a good fight"; "offer resistance"
- (v): make a possibility or provide opportunity for; permit to be attainable or cause to remain; "This leaves no room for improvement"; "The evidence allows only one conclusion"; "allow for mistakes"; "leave lots of time for the trip"; "This procedure provides