Thesaurus for quest
Pronunciation of quest: K W EH1 S T
Number of syllables of quest: 1
Pronunciation Video of quest
Definition of quest
- (n): the act of searching for something; "a quest for diamonds"
- (n): a search for an alternative that meets cognitive criteria; "the pursuit of love"; "life is more than the pursuance of fame"; "a quest for wealth"
- (v): express the need or desire for; ask for; "She requested an extra bed in her room"; "She called for room service"
- (v): seek alms, as for religious purposes
- (v): bark with prolonged noises, of dogs
- (v): search the trail of (game); "The dog went off and quested"
- (v): make a search (for); "Things that die with their eyes open and questing"; "The animal came questing through the forest"