Definition of rate
- (n): the relative speed of progress or change; "he lived at a fast pace"; "he works at a great rate"; "the pace of events accelerated"
- (n): amount of a charge or payment relative to some basis; "a 10-minute phone call at that rate would cost $5"
- (n): a magnitude or frequency relative to a time unit; "they traveled at a rate of 55 miles per hour"; "the rate of change was faster than expected"
- (v): assign a rank or rating to; "how would you rank these students?"; "The restaurant is rated highly in the food guide"
- (v): estimate the value of; "How would you rate his chances to become President?"; "Gold was rated highly among the Romans"
- (v): be worthy of or have a certain rating; "This bond rates highly"
Thesaurus for rate
Pronunciation Video of rate