Thesaurus for rear
Pronunciation of rear: R IH1 R (rir)
Number of syllables of rear: 1
Pronunciation Video of rear
Definition of rear
- (n): the side that goes last or is not normally seen; "he wrote the date on the back of the photograph"
- (n): the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on; "he deserves a good kick in the butt"; "are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?"
- (n): the back of a military formation or procession; "infantrymen were in the rear"
- (n): the part of something that is furthest from the normal viewer; "he stood at the back of the stage"; "it was hidden in the rear of the store"
- (n): the side of an object that is opposite its front; "his room was toward the rear of the hotel"
- (v): construct, build, or erect; "Raise a barn"
- (v): stand up on the hind legs, of quadrupeds; "The horse reared in terror"
- (v): cause to rise up
- (v): bring up; "raise a family"; "bring up children"
- (v): rise up; "The building rose before them"
Examples of rear
- Photo shows the rear of the depot.
- Fenestration on the rear is asymmetrical and irregular.
- The rear and the top were exposed.
- A rear hood is connected to the machine and located behind the grating.
- The rear seat is larger and reclines.
- The cart has foldable front and rear sides.
- The diameter of the rear circlet is 57 mm.
- In the rear, Airflows encased the rear wheels through the use of fender skirts.
- The cabin had a lavatory in the rear.
- The rear edge is called the leech.