Thesaurus for refer
Pronunciation of refer: R AH0 F ER1
Number of syllables of refer: 2
Pronunciation Video of refer
Definition of refer
- (v): think of, regard, or classify under a subsuming principle or with a general group or in relation to another; "This plant can be referred to a known species"
- (v): seek information from; "You should consult the dictionary"; "refer to your notes"
- (v): have as a meaning; "`multi-'' denotes `many'' "
- (v): make reference to; "His name was mentioned in connection with the invention"
- (v): send or direct for treatment, information, or a decision; "refer a patient to a specialist"; "refer a bill to a committee"
- (v): have to do with or be relevant to; "There were lots of questions referring to her talk"; "My remark pertained to your earlier comments"