Thesaurus for regard
Definition of regard
- (n): a long fixed look; "he fixed his paternal gaze on me"
- (n): paying particular notice (as to children or helpless people); "his attentiveness to her wishes"; "he spends without heed to the consequences"
- (n): (usually preceded by `in'') a detail or point; "it differs in that respect"
- (n): an attitude of admiration or esteem; "she lost all respect for him"
- (n): (usually plural) a polite expression of desire for someone''s welfare; "give him my kind regards"; "my best wishes"
- (n): a feeling of friendship and esteem; "she mistook his manly regard for love"; "he inspires respect"
- (n): the condition of being honored (esteemed or respected or well regarded); "it is held in esteem"; "a man who has earned high regard"
- (v): deem to be; "She views this quite differently from me"; "I consider her to be shallow"; "I don''t see the situation quite as negatively as you do"
- (v): look at attentively
- (v): connect closely and often incriminatingly; "This new ruling affects your business"