Thesaurus for reject
Definition of reject
- (n): the person or thing rejected or set aside as inferior in quality
- (v): dismiss from consideration; "John was ruled out as a possible suspect because he had a strong alibi"; "This possibility can be eliminated from our consideration"
- (v): refuse to accept or acknowledge; "I reject the idea of starting a war"; "The journal rejected the student''s paper"
- (v): reject with contempt; "She spurned his advances"
- (v): deem wrong or inappropriate; "I disapprove of her child rearing methods"
- (v): refuse to accept; "He refused my offer of hospitality"
- (v): refuse entrance or membership; "They turned away hundreds of fans"; "Black people were often rejected by country clubs"
- (v): resist immunologically the introduction of some foreign tissue or organ; "His body rejected the liver of the donor"