Definition of relation
- (n): an abstraction belonging to or characteristic of two entities or parts together
- (n): (usually plural) mutual dealings or connections among persons or groups; "international relations"
- (n): the act of sexual procreation between a man and a woman; the man''s penis is inserted into the woman''s vagina and excited until orgasm and ejaculation occur
- (n): (law) the principle that an act done at a later time is deemed by law to have occurred at an earlier time; "his attorney argued for the relation back of the ammended complaint to the time the initial complaint was filed"
- (n): an act of narration; "he was the hero according to his own relation"; "his endless recounting of the incident eventually became unbearable"
- (n): a person related by blood or marriage; "police are searching for relatives of the deceased"; "he has distant relations back in New Jersey"
Thesaurus for relation
- sexual intercourse, intercourse, sex act, copulation, coitus, coition, sexual congress, congress, sexual relation, carnal knowledge, relative, telling, recounting, relation back, abstraction, dealings, individual, judicial doctrine, judicial principle, legal principle, mortal, narration, person, recital, sex, sex activity, sexual activity, sexual practice, somebody, someone, soul, traffic, yarn
Pronunciation Video of relation