Thesaurus for remember
Pronunciation of remember: R IH0 M EH1 M B ER0 (rɪ'mɛmbər)
Number of syllables of remember: 3
Pronunciation Video of remember
Definition of remember
- (v): recall knowledge from memory; have a recollection; "I can''t remember saying any such thing"; "I can''t think what her last name was"; "can you remember her phone number?"; "Do you remember that he once loved you?"; "call up memories"
- (v): keep in mind for attention or consideration; "Remember the Alamo"; "Remember to call your mother every day!"; "Think of the starving children in India!"
- (v): recapture the past; indulge in memories; "he remembered how he used to pick flowers"
- (v): call to remembrance; keep alive the memory of someone or something, as in a ceremony; "We remembered the 50th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz"; "Remember the dead of the First World War"
- (v): exercise, or have the power of, memory; "After the shelling, many people lost the ability to remember"; "some remember better than others"
- (v): mention as by way of greeting or to indicate friendship; "Remember me to your wife"
- (v): mention favourably, as in prayer; "remember me in your prayers"
- (v): show appreciation to; "He remembered her in his will"
Examples of remember
- I vividly remember the discussion.
- He can barely remember his postal code.
- The girl can merely remember her memory from last year.
- I always remember his hustings speech.
- Please remember my orison, God.
- I remember the coverage vividly.
- I remember your supercilious faux French.
- I can't remember the titles of the songs, but I vaguely remember the tunes.
- I remember the voluptuous Matsuzaki.
- Do you remember the whole quagmire