Thesaurus for render
- supply, provide, furnish, interpret, yield, return, give, generate, deliver, submit, hand over, fork over, fork out, fork up, turn in, picture, depict, show, translate, try, coat, communicate, create, do, execute, get, get in, gift, hand, ingeminate, intercommunicate, iterate, make, melt, melt down, pass, pass along, pass on, perform, present, produce, put across, reach, reiterate, repeat, represent, restate, retell, run, surface, turn over
Pronunciation of render: R EH1 N D ER0
Number of syllables of render: 2
Pronunciation Video of render
Definition of render
- (n): a substance similar to stucco but exclusively applied to masonry walls
- (v): cause to become; "The shot rendered her immobile"
- (v): melt (fat, lard, etc.) in order to separate out impurities; "try the yak butter"; "render fat in a casserole"
- (v): restate (words) from one language into another language; "I have to translate when my in-laws from Austria visit the U.S."; "Can you interpret the speech of the visiting dignitaries?"; "She rendered the French poem into English"; "He translates for the U.
- (v): bestow; "give hommage"; "render thanks"
- (v): pass down; "render a verdict"; "deliver a judgment"
- (v): coat with plastic or cement; "render the brick walls in the den"
- (v): give or supply; "The cow brings in 5 liters of milk"; "This year''s crop yielded 1,000 bushels of corn"; "The estate renders some revenue for the family"
- (v): show in, or as in, a picture; "This scene depicts country life"; "the face of the child is rendered with much tenderness in this painting"
- (v): give an interpretation or rendition of; "The pianist rendered the Beethoven sonata beautifully"
- (v): to surrender someone or something to another; "the guard delivered the criminal to the police"; "render up the prisoners"; "render the town to the enemy"; "fork over the money"
- (v): give back; "render money"
- (v): make over as a return; "They had to render the estate"
- (v): provide or furnish with; "We provided the room with an electrical heater"