Pronunciation of render: R EH1 N D ER0 ('rɛndər)
Number of syllables of render: 2
Definition of render
- (n): a substance similar to stucco but exclusively applied to masonry walls
- (v): cause to become; "The shot rendered her immobile"
- (v): melt (fat, lard, etc.) in order to separate out impurities; "try the yak butter"; "render fat in a casserole"
- (v): restate (words) from one language into another language; "I have to translate when my in-laws from Austria visit the U.S."; "Can you interpret the speech of the visiting dignitaries?"; "She rendered the French poem into English"; "He translates for the U.
- (v): bestow; "give hommage"; "render thanks"
- (v): pass down; "render a verdict"; "deliver a judgment"
- (v): coat with plastic or cement; "render the brick walls in the den"
- (v): give or supply; "The cow brings in 5 liters of milk"; "This year''s crop yielded 1,000 bushels of corn"; "The estate renders some revenue for the family"
- (v): show in, or as in, a picture; "This scene depicts country life"; "the face of the child is rendered with much tenderness in this painting"
- (v): give an interpretation or rendition of; "The pianist rendered the Beethoven sonata beautifully"
- (v): to surrender someone or something to another; "the guard delivered the criminal to the police"; "render up the prisoners"; "render the town to the enemy"; "fork over the money"
- (v): give back; "render money"
- (v): make over as a return; "They had to render the estate"
- (v): provide or furnish with; "We provided the room with an electrical heater"
Examples of render
- The letter was to render the process of democratization irreversible.
- The goal is to simply render the article truthful and accurate.
- Does the current version of the page render fine on the mac
- The graphics card will render the DVD playback only inside the purple area.
- Oil spills kill plants and wildlife, and render water undrinkable.
- It is a concept that is hard to render in Korean.
- But this would render the agent impotent.
- If it passed just under the bridge it would render the soundboard immobile.
- The grass was boiled to render them soft and pliable.
- Removing the reference to the bill would render the sentence meaningless.