Thesaurus for repair
- mend, fix, bushel, doctor, furbish up, restore, touch on, compensate, recompense, indemnify, resort, rectify, remediate, remedy, amend, animate, recreate, reanimate, revive, renovate, quicken, vivify, revivify, ameliorate, arouse, better, brace, correct, energise, energize, go, improve, locomote, meliorate, move, pay, perk up, right, stimulate, travel
Pronunciation of repair: R IH0 P EH1 R (rɪ'pɜr)
Number of syllables of repair: 2
Pronunciation Video of repair
Definition of repair
- (n): the act of putting something in working order again
- (n): a frequently visited place
- (n): a formal way of referring to the condition of something; "the building was in good repair"
- (v): give new life or energy to; "A hot soup will revive me"; "This will renovate my spirits"; "This treatment repaired my health"
- (v): set straight or right; "remedy these deficiencies"; "rectify the inequities in salaries"; "repair an oversight"
- (v): restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken; "She repaired her TV set"; "Repair my shoes please"
- (v): move, travel, or proceed toward some place; "He repaired to his cabin in the woods"
- (v): make amends for; pay compensation for; "One can never fully repair the suffering and losses of the Jews in the Third Reich"; "She was compensated for the loss of her arm in the accident"
Examples of repair
- Civilians were employed in maintenance, repair, and secretarial work.
- Catalytic promiscuity and the divergent evolution of DNA repair enzymes.
- How do you repair squeaking floor boards
- Attempts to repair the wall and renovate the roof appeared futile.
- The auto repair shop specialises in mufflers and brakes.
- The tool offers a solution for film viewing and manual retouch and repair.
- Much of the repair work is as incompetent as the effort it is intended to fix.
- A player could lend a damaged speeder to repair it.
- Ensuring proper leaflet apposition during mitral valve repair.
- Is the seller stuck with the repair