Thesaurus for repeat
Pronunciation of repeat: R IH0 P IY1 T (rɪ'pit)
Number of syllables of repeat: 2
Pronunciation Video of repeat
Definition of repeat
- (n): an event that repeats; "the events today were a repeat of yesterday''s"
- (v): happen or occur again; "This is a recurring story"
- (v): to say again or imitate; "followers echoing the cries of their leaders"
- (v): to say, state, or perform again; "She kept reiterating her request"
- (v): repeat an earlier theme of a composition
- (v): make or do or perform again; "He could never replicate his brilliant performance of the magic trick"
- (v): do over; "They would like to take it over again"
Examples of repeat
- In response I'd repeat the old a adage.
- The assistant will repeat what the caller with the speech disability is saying.
- I heartily agree and repeat the question.
- These furry monsters repeat what you say, laugh, snore and scream.
- There's no need to repeat the scope and restate policy in the leader.
- I understand the desirability to not repeat the same sources.
- Belay the repeat of the post.
- Rinse and repeat for however thick the polyurethane is.
- It's tiresome to repeat the arguments.
- Repeat the process to the end on the left.