- (n): an item of information that is representative of a type; "this patient provides a typical example of the syndrome"; "there is an example on page 10"
- (n): a member of the United States House of Representatives
- (n): a person who represents others
- (n): an advocate who represents someone else''s policy or purpose; "the meeting was attended by spokespersons for all the major organs of government"
- (s): being or characteristic of government by representation in which citizens exercise power through elected officers and representatives; "representative government as defined by Abraham Lincoln is government of the people, by the people, for the people"
- (a): standing for something else; "the bald eagle is representative of the United States"
- (s): serving to represent or typify; "representative moviegoers"; "a representative modern play"