Thesaurus for resist
Definition of resist
- (v): withstand the force of something; "The trees resisted her"; "stand the test of time"; "The mountain climbers had to fend against the ice and snow"
- (v): stand up or offer resistance to somebody or something
- (v): express opposition through action or words; "dissent to the laws of the country"
- (v): refuse to comply
- (v): elude, especially in a baffling way; "This behavior defies explanation"
- (v): resist immunologically the introduction of some foreign tissue or organ; "His body rejected the liver of the donor"