Thesaurus for rigid
Pronunciation of rigid: R IH1 JH AH0 D ('rɪdʒɪd)
Number of syllables of rigid: 2
Pronunciation Video of rigid
Definition of rigid
- (s): incapable of or resistant to bending; "a rigid strip of metal"; "a table made of rigid plastic"; "a palace guardsman stiff as a poker"
- (a): designating an airship or dirigible having a form maintained by a stiff unyielding frame or structure
- (s): incapable of adapting or changing to meet circumstances; "a rigid disciplinarian"; "an inflexible law"; "an unbending will to dominate"
- (s): fixed and unmoving; "with eyes set in a fixed glassy stare"; "his bearded face already has a set hollow look"- Connor Cruise O''Brien; "a face rigid with pain"
- (s): incapable of compromise or flexibility
Examples of rigid
- A symmetric top rigid rotor has the unperturbed eigenstates.
- He was rigid and had a character of asperity.
- The difficult mission is the reason for the rigid training.
- The patient is rigid, with the teeth clenched.
- The vertical, rigid proboscis is shorter than the head.
- A rigid type endoscope comprises an ocular and a rigid optic tube.
- The body of the gaiter is preferably rigid.
- Also, the writing is too rigid, it lacks chutzpah.
- Also, the writing is too rigid and dark.
- The web connects the relatively rigid members.