Thesaurus for sell
Pronunciation of sell: S EH1 L (sɛl)
Number of syllables of sell: 1
Pronunciation Video of sell
Definition of sell
- (n): the activity of persuading someone to buy; "it was a hard sell"
- (v): persuade somebody to accept something; "The French try to sell us their image as great lovers"
- (v): give up for a price or reward; "She sold her principles for a successful career"
- (v): exchange or deliver for money or its equivalent; "He sold his house in January"; "She sells her body to survive and support her drug habit"
- (v): do business; offer for sale as for one''s livelihood; "She deals in gold"; "The brothers sell shoes"
- (v): deliver to an enemy by treachery; "Judas sold Jesus"; "The spy betrayed his country"
- (v): be sold at a certain price or in a certain way; "These books sell like hot cakes"
- (v): be responsible for the sale of; "All her publicity sold the products"
- (v): be approved of or gain acceptance; "The new idea sold well in certain circles"
Examples of sell
- They might sell the same company when the price was agreeable.
- The buyer has the right to sell the stock at strike price.
- The bank has no incentive to sell the assets at the 30 cent price.
- Malvinder Singh also said that this was a strategical deal and not a sell out.
- They sell vendibles to people.
- The store did not even sell the earplugs.
- What kinds of wares do they sell
- I had to sell all the stock.
- Does the marketing sell the movie
- He is willing to sell the bomb.