Thesaurus for share
Pronunciation of share: SH EH1 R (ʃɜr)
Number of syllables of share: 1
Pronunciation Video of share
Definition of share
- (n): any one of a number of individual efforts in a common endeavor; "I am proud of my contribution to the team''s success"; "they all did their share of the work"
- (n): the result of parcelling out or sharing; "death gets more than its share of attention from theologicans"
- (n): a sharp steel wedge that cuts loose the top layer of soil
- (n): assets belonging to or due to or contributed by an individual person or group; "he wanted his share in cash"
- (n): any of the equal portions into which the capital stock of a corporation is divided and ownership of which is evidenced by a stock certificate; "he bought 100 shares of IBM at the market price"
- (v): communicate; "I''d like to share this idea with you"
- (v): give out as one''s portion or share
- (v): have, give, or receive a share of; "We shared the cake"
- (v): use jointly or in common
- (v): have in common; "Our children share a love of music"; "The two countries share a long border"
Examples of share
- In fact, the two share uncanny similarities.
- I believe men should share the housework.
- Two cities share the river.
- Income distribution and the constancy of the share of wages.
- In fact the two share uncanny similarities.
- They sit by the fire, talk, share a kiss, and later snuggle together for warmth.
- The lawmakers share communal space.
- They rived a piece of carrot to share together.
- Whatever betides, she will share your fate.
- Although the duo often bicker and fight, it is only part of the bond they share.