Thesaurus for silver
Pronunciation of silver: S IH1 L V ER0
Number of syllables of silver: 2
Pronunciation Video of silver
Definition of silver
- (n): silverware eating utensils
- (n): a medal made of silver (or having the appearance of silver) that is usually awarded for winning second place in a competition
- (n): a light shade of gray
- (n): coins made of silver
- (n): a soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal; occurs in argentite and in free form; used in coins and jewelry and tableware and photography
- (v): turn silver; "The man''s hair silvered very attractively"
- (v): make silver in color; "Her worries had silvered her hair"
- (v): coat with a layer of silver or a silver amalgam; "silver the necklace"
- (s): expressing yourself readily, clearly, effectively; "able to dazzle with his facile tongue"; "silver speech"
- (s): having the white lustrous sheen of silver; "a land of silver (or silvern) rivers where the salmon leap"; "repeated scrubbings have given the wood a silvery sheen"
- (s): lustrous gray; covered with or tinged with the color of silver; "silvery hair"
- (s): made from or largely consisting of silver; "silver bracelets"