Pronunciation of spile: S P AY1 L (spaɪl)
Number of syllables of spile: 1
Pronunciation Video of spile
Definition of spile
Examples of spile
- This can be seen by the bubbles foaming around the spile.
- Like many such older terms, the word spile has other local meanings.
- Similarly, the shive hole may be sealed with a spile.
- The shive with the spile will then be the highest point on the cask.
- Two kinds of spile are available.
- Spile pulls a bottle of whiskey from deep within the back.
- The soft spile in the shive allows gas to vent off.
- A spile is then placed in the hole to regulate the gas flow.