Thesaurus for stack
- batch, deal, flock, good deal, great deal, hatful, heap, lot, mass, mess, mickle, mint, muckle, peck, pile, plenty, pot, quite a little, raft, sight, slew, spate, tidy sum, wad, push-down list, push-down stack, smokestack, push-down storage, push-down store, agglomerate, chimney, cumulation, cumulus, large indefinite amount, large indefinite quantity, list, listing, memory device, mound, storage device, whole lot, whole slew
Pronunciation of stack: S T AE1 K (stæk)
Number of syllables of stack: 1
Pronunciation Video of stack
Definition of stack
- (n): a storage device that handles data so that the next item to be retrieved is the item most recently stored (LIFO)
- (n): a large tall chimney through which combustion gases and smoke can be evacuated
- (n): a list in which the next item to be removed is the item most recently stored (LIFO)
- (n): an orderly pile
- (n): (often followed by `of'') a large number or amount or extent; "a batch of letters"; "a deal of trouble"; "a lot of money"; "he made a mint on the stock market"; "it must have cost plenty"
- (v): arrange the order of so as to increase one''s winning chances; "stack the deck of cards"
- (v): arrange in stacks; "heap firewood around the fireplace"; "stack your books up on the shelves"
- (v): load or cover with stacks; "stack a truck with boxes"
Examples of stack
- The concept of stack is additive.
- Initially, the size of the stack is zero.
- He has a stack of straw at his barn.
- These are five units in the stack.
- It randomizes the memory layout within the stack.
- The diagram of the BOP stack is not enough.
- A picker mechanism separates documents in seriatim from a stack.
- Initially the size of the stack is zero.
- The stack of hay is located at the barn.
- The first member of the gray set is the stack itself.