Thesaurus for starve
Pronunciation of starve: S T AA1 R V (stɑrv)
Number of syllables of starve: 1
Pronunciation Video of starve
Definition of starve
- (v): die of food deprivation; "The political prisoners starved to death"; "Many famished in the countryside during the drought"
- (v): deprive of food; "They starved the prisoners"
- (v): deprive of a necessity and cause suffering; "he is starving her of love"; "The engine was starved of fuel"
- (v): be hungry; go without food; "Let''s eat--I''m starving!"
- (v): have a craving, appetite, or great desire for